Lambi Fund of Haiti
Lambi Fund of Haiti is a U.S. based non-profit organization dedicated to supporting sustainable development,
environmental integrity, increased food availability and potable water, gender equity, and grassroots
democracy in Haiti. Following four back-to-back hurricanes in 2008 the organization needed a more
proactive approach to raising awareness for its programs. We executed a national media campaign that would
deepen the organization’s national footprint and drive its U.S. objectives – education and outreach – and
ultimately increase donor engagement and funds raised from among individuals and institutional donors.
We executed an aggressive PR and media campaign that would increase awareness of and financial support for
Lambi Fund and its programs and did so by securing feature story placement and op-ed articles in a diversity of
media, positioning the organization as a thought leader on key issues, and increasing donor engagement.
- We leveraged Lambi Fund’s achievements and major milestones to drive media coverage for the
organization’s grassroots programs:
1) One Million Tree campaign in partnership with the Green Belt Movement founded by
Kenyan Nobel Peace Prize winner Wangari Maathai, and
2) Western Union Foundation’s collaboration to celebrate Earth Day by planting a tree in Haiti for each of
Western Union’s 5,700 employees. As a result of the increased awareness, Lambi Fund received recognition
from the United Nations Environment Programme Plant for the Planet: Billion Tree Campaign.
- Media outreach supported the organization’s communications efforts during time of crisis in Haiti,
including the back-to-back hurricanes in 2008 and the devastating earthquake in 2010.
- Online PR campaign was executed to place key messages and organizational news online and to drive web traffic.
- Media secured include NBC affiliate Miami, Miami Herald, op-ed in NY Times, etc.